There is an active Parent Teacher Association which serves both the infant and junior schools. Some fundraising events are organised as joint events, and others are particular to one school or the other.
Parents automatically become members of the PTA when their children start the school.
The PTA has a range of functions including support to the school and raising funds which are then used to finance additional resources to benefit the whole school community.
Thank you very much for all your support with our recent fundraising events – we have raised well over the £1000 mark already.
Plans for the year include supporting the outdoor area, PE equipment and we will continue to re-stock the library.
In 2015/2016 the school community raised over £3.5k for the infants school. The PTA were able to support the following activities:
- Supported the Macmillan Coffee Morning 2015
- Install a bench in memory of the former caretaker Mr Mountjoy
- Donate money to each classroom to fund additional role play resources
- Create outdoor scrap storage
- Refurbish and modernise the School Library
2016 / 2017 :
- Raised over £500 for Macmillan
- Funded the gardening around the school
- Matched money donated through the Lions Club for library books
- Raised just over £3000 for phonic reading books
2017/2018 so far:
- Raised funds for library books
- Raised funds for outdoor play materials
- Raised funds for Forest School resources
Please come and join us at the summer fayre on July 6th; contact Carolyn Birch if you are able to offer any help.
We rely heavily on the good will, and effort of the wider school community, and any offer of help is rarely turned away.
If you are able to help out for a fundraising event, or just want to find out more Information about the PTA please send us an email at: Paultoninfantschoolpta@googlemail.com
Or request to join our Facebook group – Paulton Schools PTA